On a golf course, it is very normal to watch a Golf Cart is standing or running in the ground. It is a specially designed vehicle that is used to carry golfers and their clubs or gears. We all know a golf course contains a vast area. It helps to preserve energy and less walking to the gofers and their caddies. The saved energy can use to produce a good hit. Today the popularity of different golf carts is increased. So, how much does a golf cart weigh is now a vital thing to learn about.
Golf Carts Average Weight
A golf cart maybe 2,4 or 6 seaters or even more. Any golfer can also make a custom golf cart for his or her needs. Typically, it carries small numbers of passengers. It covers distances with speeds less than 24 km per hour (15mph).
The average weight of a golf cart is 600 pounds to 1,100 pounds. On average it is 700 pounds (approximately). They are generally 4 feet in wide, 8 feet long, and 6 feet in height. The most powered carts usually have a 4-strokes engine. These cars are typically found for sale.
The weight and diameter can be changed slightly on some factors. It depends upon the manufacturing company, design, battery weight, and some more things.
Different Types of Golf Carts
Are you looking for a golf cart to carry your accessories, equipment, or other necessary things around the golf course? Then this part of the article will help you to understand the basic types of golf carts. Out there, there are many kinds that are available for sale. This significant discussion will help you to choose what type you are looking for.
- Push Golf Carts: It is very popular for beginners or players with great energy. It has no motor. The push carts are inexpensive and very easy to control. Nowadays it comes in different types of design, It may be 3 or 4 wheelers. They are very light-weighed. And, sometimes it is the only thing to be used as a cart where a golf course is not fit for gas or an electric cart to run. It saves green. But it damages the course sometimes and not very friendly to cover a long course.
- Pull Golf Carts: It is similar to the push golf carts. It has 2 wheels and has to drag from the behind. Pull golf cart also has no motor, so environment friendly. If you have a lot of accessories to carry, it’ll be a better choice than a push cart. Because it needs less strength to pull than push. This is the simplest and smallest of all kinds of carts. Although it cost the least. And it takes a small space to storage. You can store it in your room easily. But it may hard to control in sloppy terrains and can’t take that much load. It is very suitable for the young golfers and who has less money to afford much but need a cart badly.
- Remote-controlled Golf Carts: It is the moderate design of push and pulls carts. It contains a strong battery. It is like driving a remote control toy car. It can easily foldable and allows you to add a smaller fifth wheel. It covers a long distance with a strong battery service. But it is costly than the push and the pull carts.
- Electric Golf Cart: These golf carts are very popular. This golf cart runs on a rechargeable battery. It is environment friendly and the most preferable in golf course today. It is an electricity-powered vehicle with less noise. A very long ago, electric golf carts are designed for a golfer. But now, the models are found for 3 or 4 passengers. This is very suitable for old, young, and physically challenged golfers as it is one kind of usual car. And, the best things are- it is easy to maintain and cost less.
- Gas Golf Carts: Oh! This may be the classic one on the golf course as a cart! It has generally a 2 or 4 strokes strong gas engine. They have $ seaters along with carriage space. Gas golf carts are like a full-fledged regular car. It can carry a heavy load at a faster speed. This is very effective in any vast terrains whatever the course may sloppy or hilly areas. But it is a little noisier than battery-powered carts. The gas carts are cost high and maintenance is also heavy.
- Club Car/Luxury Golf Carts: This is the most exotic and expensive cart on a golf course. It is extraordinary with an elite design having a super-powerful engine driven by electricity or fuel o gas. It provides all the benefits that you need in any type of golf terrain. With the looks, performance, comfort, it is best. But it is an expensive and high maintenance cost golf cart. Actually, it is the highest in cost in every sphere. If money has no problem for you, then rush for it.
There are some carts found which run by diesel or petrol. These are having a very strong engine. But they pollute the air badly.
It is clear that-
- The push golf cart and the pull golf cart is used to carry only golfer’s kits. They are not designed for carrying golfers.
- A Cart maybe 2, 3 or 4 wheelers. It might be driven by a rechargeable battery, gas, or fuel.
- Fuels driven carts are not usually preferred these days. It pollutes the environment so the golf course.
Every golf cart has some pros and cons. Choose one according to your needs and situations. And, remember the old sayings, ‘Cut your coat according to your cloth’.
How Much Does a Golf Cart Weigh Exactly
Now, are you ready to buy a golf cart? Then you should have a piece of knowledge on how much does a golf cart weighs.
There is no much worry about the push cart and the pull cart. You should concern about the electric, gas cart and club cars weigh. The weight varies upon some factors like manufacture materials, models, design, size of the carts, etc.
So, how much does an electric golf car weigh? Or, how much does a gas golf cart weigh? Or, how much does a club car golf cart weigh?- These are the things you know about now.
Okay, for determining golf ball carts there exist two terms said “Dry Weight” and “Curb Weight”. It is not complex to understand. Dry weight means an electric/gas/club car without a battery or fuel tank. And, the Curb weight means the total weight after purchasing a golf cart. It refers to the cart with a battery and after adding other additional things.
So, the weight of a golf cart on average without a battery (Dry weight) is between 700 to 1,100 pounds. The weight might be less than 600 pounds but usually don’t found more than 1100 pounds in the market for sale.
And, the weight after with battery you have to add 55 to 80 pounds on average with the dry weight, That’s it. Because most of the golf carts are run by 6.8 and 12 Volt batteries. And, their weight varies between 55 and 80 pounds.
The weight of a battery is the main difference between the dry and the curb weight.
The dimensions of average carts are: 3.93 feet (1.2m) width x 7.87 feet (2.4m) length x 5.9 feet (1.8m) depth. This dimension is pretty close to the smallest size cart that typically finds in inside stores.
The dimensions of large six-seater carts are: 146 inches in length x 70 inches width x 47.2 inches tall.
The golf carts may cost you below US$1.000 to above US$1,500. It depends on your needs and designs. On average, a golf cart should cost you between US$700 to US$900. But you can also go for less than US$1,000.
Examples of various Golf Cart weight
Here, some examples of the dry weight (without battery or tank) of some available golf carts in the market. So you can get a rough idea about the weights-
Yamaha The Drive (Electric): 535 Pounds
Yamaha The Drive (Gas): 536 Pounds
Yamaha G22 (Electric): 549 Pounds
Yamaha G22 (Gas): 670 Pounds
- Club Car:
Club Car Precedent (Electric): 495 Pounds
Club Car Precedent (Gas): 606 Pounds
Club Car DS IQ-System (Electric): 498 Pounds
Club Car DS (Gas): 619 Pounds
EZGO: EZGO RXV (Electric): 571 Pounds
EZGO RXV (Gas): 697 Pounds
EZGO Medalist/TXT (Electric): 550 Pounds
EZGO Medalist/TXT (Gas): 750 Pounds
Then, how much does a golf cart weight with batteries? Let’s take a rough guess from the below examples-
There is a weight difference between the electric and the gas-driven golf cart. In most cases, gas-driven golf carts are slightly heavier than electric golf cars. But electric golf carts can contain massive weight due to their bigger batteries.
In this article, I try to open a healthy discussion with you on how much does a golf cart weighs. Keep in mind that, the weighs are talked here is without passenger weight. I hope you can now choose your desire golf cart easily.
- How to Clean Golf Balls
- How Much Does a Golf Ball Weigh
- How to Improve Your Golf Swing
- How to Hold a Golf Club for Beginners
- How to Measure Putter Length