The golf gloves are one of the most important equipment in golf play. The golfers make swings to play a shot. And, the swings need a good hold on the club. A golf glove helps to keep a good grip and allows to hit a sound shot. By buying a piece of quality golf glove you can improve your performance.
Golf gloves absorb sweat and so that it gets dirty quickly. It also takes the friction and getting stains on the gripping area. If you have golf gloves, you should have knowledge of how to clean golf gloves. Just buy a thing and use it, but no take care- it is not right. The golf gloves need simple take care to run for a long time. Although how to wash golf gloves is a nice and simple matter to learn.
How to Clean Golf Gloves Perfectly?
There are some different ways to clean or wash your golf gloves.
1) The simple and quick way to clean golf gloves is using cold water or room temperature water. How it is done? No, as I say, it’s very simple.
- After a round of golf play, pouring some normal temperature water over your glove. It should be wearing on your hand.
- After that, when the glove is getting wet, rub it gently with a towel. It will rinse off the sweat and light dirt.
- Make sure it should air dry. Better if you keep this light wet glove wear on your hand to keep its form intake and air dry.
- In this process don’t use warm water.
- The quick way must apply after a course of golf. Don’t forget it.
And, it is one of the best and easy ways of washing leather (Synthetical) gloves.
2) This method is for the golf gloves which need a light superior treatment for their moderate dust or dirt. So, how clean golf gloves in that way? In this process, you can wash your gloves on or off.
- Here, you can also use cold water. You need soap or mild detergent and some more to invest.
- Put your glove/s in a sink or a bucket and rinse with water. This will allow to clean surface dirt and dried up sweat stain.
- Then make ready the sink with water and detergent or soap. Make sure the cleaning solution is activated. You can make suds easily to ensure the soap/detergent is activated or not.
- Now you place your glove/s into that solution made with normal water and soap/detergent.
- Keep them there for a few minutes.
- Don’t rub the glove/s too much. Don’t scrub. It may damage the shape of your gloves.
- Rinse the golf glove/s gently and take them out from the bucket.
- It is now clean thoroughly and wash all the nasty dirt off your glove/s.
- Then keep the glove/s air dry. If that not possible, then gently squeeze some water from the glove/s.
- Soak the water from the glove/s with a dry towel or a paper towel.
- Wear the glove/s on and opening-closing your hands. So that the glove/s will get back to its real formation.
- Then keep them anywhere in your surrounding to dry up.
- At last, half an hour or an hour later put the glove on your hands. It will prevent them from shrinking and helps to back in basic formation.
This method is applicable to all kinds of golf gloves. You may use mild-warm water but not too hot.
How to Clean Leather Golf Gloves
The golf gloves only made from leather is needed extra treatment. Because leather is a natural element and easily dry out from soap. If Leather is too dry, it is normal that it’ll crack
- You need a clean paper towel or a clean soft cloth.
- Remove the debris (if seen) from your gloves by using a really soft brush.
- Place the cloth or towel under running water to get it wet. The cloth or paper should be damp not dripping.
- Then use mild soap or detergent. You may buy a soap specially manufactured for leather washing.
- Use the cleaning material with the paper towel/cloth over leather gloves. No directly try to wash with soap/detergent.
- Rub the cloth with soap into the leather. Rub very gently where the garages/stains exist. This technique will not make damage to your gloves.
- You can wear on your washable glove and pay attention to clean that with another hand. It will make your washing process easy.
- After that, if the glove/s still need a wash just wet (damp not dripping) another clean paper towel or soft cloth. And, soak the water from the glove/s.
- For deeper cleaning, you can place your gloves under running water. Then rubbing the gloves gently with soap/detergent. That makes your gloves better clean.
- Then the same process as I told you before. Use a towel or a cloth to soak water from the glove.
- Put the glove on your hand and opening-closing for a few times. It should act before air dry, after a gentle squeeze, and before the glove totally dry up.
- Make sure the air dry.
Can You Wash all your Golf gloves at Home?
- Yes, you can. The processes described in ‘how to clean golf gloves’ and ‘how to clean leather gloves’ are easy to apply at home. And, you can able to clean all of your gloves at home.
Taking great care of your golf gloves, you still have to change your gloves after a while. Cause a time will come when it is impossible to wash away the nasty dirt of your gloves. Then that’s the time to go for new gloves.
You see, all the processes I’ve told in this article can be done manually. Please try to avoid machine wash. Machine force may damage your golf gloves permanently. Is it necessary to clean your glove with machine washing? You’ve already well known how to clean golf gloves manually in a simple best way! Stay safe! Stay tuned!
- How Much Does a Golf Cart Weigh
- How to Clean Golf Balls
- How Much Does a Golf Ball Weigh
- How to Improve Your Golf Swing
- How to Hold a Golf Club for Beginners