Serious golfers always take very good care of their golf club grips. The good grip is the key thing that connects a player with his/her golf club to play a perfect shot. When the grip getting used so many times it gets sticky and slippery. And, that creates a bad hold on the golf clubs.
Golfers used to change their golf grips once or twice a year. Many are wanting to prolong their golf grip’s longevity better. Whatever the using time of golf grips is, if you play golf regularly you need to clean your golf grips. The hand’s sweat makes grips oily. And the hot or low temperature effect, the dust all stored over a grip. These things make the golf club grips sick and reduce traction. So, after a round of golf, you should wash your grip. If you have no time then, do it after getting home. And you must have to gather knowledge of how to clean golf grips.
Bang! Bang! There is a surprise gift at the end of the article. So, get ready to know about how to clean golf club grips.
How to Clean Golf Grips Best Easy Way?
Your golf grips are sticky and getting slippery? Want to give it a new life without regripping your clubs? I tell you a very simple and sophisticated way to clean them up easily. And also gives you some professional tips that make your grip last longer.
Regular Cleaning: This is a basic process. If you a seasonal player and play often or clean your golf grips after every golf round (regularly), then this process will work fine. The regular cleaning of your grips washes away the majority of the sweat and dirt layered on the grip.
- At the starting of the cleaning, you will need a bucket or your kitchen/bathroom sink is also okay. You’ll also need soap, lukewarm water, a cleaning cloth, and a towel.
- As a cleaning solution, you can use general household dishwashing liquid or this kind of washing soap.
- Fill the bucket or sink with mild warm water.
- Mix the soap or mild dish wash with it.
- Dip the towel into the mixing.
- After soaking the towel in the soapy water, make a gentle rub on the grip from top to bottom.
- You should feel the rubbing on your hand.
- Instead of a towel, you may use a soft cleaning pad or a toothbrush, or any kind of soft-bristled brush for scrubbing.
- You’ll see the towel get wet with a different color, maybe brown.
- The color-changing on the towel indicates that it wipes out dirt from your golf grips.
- After completing or rubbing rinsing down the grip into clean cold water. Or, you can hold the grip under running water (Tab).
- Make sure the detergent or soap must remove from the grip.
- Now wrap a clean towel or cloth around the grip, or wipe the grip with a clean dry towel/cloth. So that the moisturizers can be removed.
- Keep the new washed grip someplace where it can dry up. It may take a few minutes to an hour to dry up.
- In a cooler month, you may use a grip conditioner to the grip from getting too dried up.
Now your grips get to look like a new one. The cleaning process applicable torubber, synthetic, and leather grips. It is the simplestbest way to clean golf grips of all types and brands available in the market
Sometimes dirty grips of synthetic and rubber are seemed a little bit tougher for a deep clean. So, you might have a question on how to clean rubber golf club grips?
- Oh, that is not tough. I have already mentioned it. Don’t get it! Use a soft brush here with soapy water, not a towel. And, scrubbing the grip with the brush. Then the process is as same as mentioned above.
- If the grip is so dirty that it needs too deep clean, then you may use alcohol which is applicable for washing grip. You can get it in any shop nearby. As usual, use lukewarm water to wet the towel but no mix any kind of soap. The towel should be damped but not dripping. Then put some (little quantity) rubbing alcohol over the damp towel. And, rub the grip around the grip. Don’t use a soft brush here. The next steps are the same as the previous methods.
Tips & Tricks: (For Rubber Grips)
If your golf is too old and you want to feel it a little bit tackier, then you can do it-
- You need a medium grade sandpaper, same plain old (120 grade, or something like that) and sand sponge also.
- Put the sand sponge into the sandpaper and wrap it.
- And run the sandpaper up and down to the old golf club grip.
- Do it a couple of times
- It will help to remove the old, hard slick rubber and get into some new fresh, tacky rubber.
But it will not work for all old rubber grips obviously. If you can feel an edge at the bottom of the grip or feel of flick off or chip off, then the grip definitely to be replaced. No tips and tricks aren’t going to work here.
Now I am going to give you the surprise gift as I promised at the starting of my writing.
Golf Club Cleaning Solution
Oh, a new piece of golf sets is very very expensive. Here I give you some tips on how to clean golf clubs easily. So that you can simply make your golf clubs clean and give them a long life.
- You will need a paper towel/newspaper, an old toothbrush, or a Nylon brush, soap/dishwashing liquid, a soft clean cloth, and a polishing cloth.
- At first, clean your golf clubs with dry paper.
- Take a bucket or go to a sink. Fill some mild-warm water (I prefer normal water). Don’t use too hot water. It may cause of loosening the ferrules.
- Mix soap/liquid with water and dip down the Nylon paper to soak.
- Then scrubbing the brush until the golf clubs appear clean.
- Rinse it with cold water and keep polishing it with a polishing cloth like a car polish or metal and a soft cloth.
- After finishing cleaning and polishing place the golf club in a safe place.
So,golf club cleaning solution is no hard as some of the players assumed! It is quite the same as how to clean golf grips.
All the processes I have shown you here, all are very simple and the best way to clean golf gripsand golf clubs. Anyone can easily perform these processes at home. And make their golf grips knit and clean. The easy golf club cleaning solution also helps the beginner to pro golfers to keep their golf clubs as perfect as a new one.
After a proper cleaning or washing and applying tips & tricks, if the grips still hard, slippery, and not getting into a new life, then it is time to replace your golf grips. For golf clubs, it is also the same. All have a time of longevity. New Golf grip price generally started from 35$ to 190$. The price varies upon their quality, brand, and your choice. You can regrip your golf clubs from the cheapest to the finest. And how to clean golf grip tips will definitely help to prolong your golf grips lifetime. A serious golfer knows about the importance of perfect grip for better performance. So clean your golf grips at home or anywhere as I discussed. And giving them a new life after a certain period of time.
- How to Clean Golf Gloves
- How Much Does a Golf Cart Weigh
- How to Clean Golf Balls
- How Much Does a Golf Ball Weigh
- How to Improve Your Golf Swing
Leave a Reply