Hey, are you finding a solution or some kinds of easy steps on how to clean your golf shoes? Golf shoes are needed cleaning like any other golf type of equipment. Typically golf shoes are made from leather or synthetic leather. They may be white or darker in color. But the most important thing is whatever the color or material is made of needs to be washed for further better performance. Although golf shoes are expensive. It needs to maintain properly to extend the longevity.
Golf shoes cleaning is not a tough task that required many things but care & time. Who does not like a shinning shoe before an outing! I will cover-up everything related to clean and maintain your golf shoes. How to clean white golf shoes? Or, How to clean leather or synthetic shoes? Or how to clean mesh golf shoes? How to clean FootJoy golf shoes? Just go through the whole article. You will get what you are looking for with simple steps.
The Things You needed for Cleaning Golf Shoes?
What I have said earlier, cleaning your golf shoes just needs your time and care, nothing else. You can easily do the cleaning with some very available things.
- Any kind of mild soap/detergent.
- Lukewarm water
- Clean soft cloths
- Maybe a soft bristle brush item for removing a higher stain.
- Leather conditioner oil or matching (color) shoe polish or something like that which are available in the market.
- Any can use a shoehorn to prevent the damage of shoe hill while cleaning.
How to Clean Your Golf Shoes Easy Way?
After a round of golf, the shoes become nasty and filthy. It is maybe wet or getting high stained. Before cleaning (any types, brands, or colors) the golf shoes, the shoelace should be pulled out. And, if the insoles are not glued, then you can remove the inner part of the shoes.
- Produce a cleaning solution with lukewarm water and mild soap.
- Put the towel or clean soft cloth into the soapy water.
- Now use the soaking towel over the upper part.
- Make a gentle rub to remove any filth or dirt.
- Do not soak the golf shoes but a moistened soapy towel or cloth.
- Make sure to wipe away the dirt, dust, or filthy things.
- Apply shoe polish or conditioner on the upper part with an applicable shoe brush.
- Wait for at least 10 minutes.
- Then remove the mud, grass, or any dirt from the outsoles and spikes with the same mixture.
- Use any good type of leather oil in uppers and outsoles and massage with your polishing towel or cloth to each shoe.
- At last, put the shoes outside or inside for air-dry at room temperature, not directly under the sun.
- Remember, for removing the modest stain, you should use a toothbrush or soft brush but with gentle touches.
The process is called “Handwash”.
How to Wash White Golf Shoes?
The same process and mixture as described above. Use a matching shoe polish that will not damage to white color. While cleaning pay attention to the dirt area.
How to Wash Dark Shoes?
You should use a shoe cleaner to clean a dark shoe. Then follow the same cleaning guidelines. Use a decent shoe cream to finish the procedure.
❖ Note: The things or steps I have talking about will apply to all kinds of leather or synthetic shoes.
How to Wash Wet Golf Shoes?
If your golf shoes are not waterproof, then they can simply get wet. So what to do?
- Try to clean it as early as possible.
- Place a newspaper inside of the golf shoes.
- Wait for some hours to absorb the excess water.
- If the shoes are filthy and made from leather or synthetic, then follow the same procedure for cleaning.
- Keep it outside or inside for air dry and wait until the shape comes back in the standard.
How to Clean Meah Golf Shoes?
Mesh golf shoes are a special kind. They are breezy, comfort, and well-known for breathability on a hot day. Cleaning mesh shoes is the same as how to clean leather or synthetic golf shoes. The mesh shoes have many small holes in the surface. The cleaning can be done in two ways- either Hand cleaning or Machine wash.
- Hand Cleaning: You can soak them in a sink (lukewarm water) with liquid soap or mild detergent. Then use a cloth or old toothbrush to remove dirt and debris from uppers and outsoles. To rid of the tougher stains, scrub the soft bristle brush gently in the stain areas. After completing the cleaning, allow the shoes to air-dry for a couple of hours. You should apply shoe polish for better shine.
- Machine Wash: To wash with a washing machine you must pull off the shoelace and the inner soles (If they are not glued). Also, use a shoehorn to prevent damage to the heels. Now put some dishwashing soap into the cold water of the washing machine. Then turn on the washing machine on its decent cycle for a gentle wash. After completing the washing, allow the golf shoes to air-dry in a shadow area or indoor maintaining room temperature environment.
And, can use leather oil or lotion with polishing paper for a better look and shine.
How to Clean FootJoy Golf Shoes?
Basically, the cleaning FootJoy golf shoe procedure is the same as I have prescribed above. Just make sure about the materials, color, and made of types. I mean-
- Are the shoes made of leather or synthetic?
– If yes, then follow how to clean leather or synthetic golf shoes.
- What is the Color of the Shoes?
– Treat it with the matching shoe cream as per color. And, do some extra attention while cleaning the white shoes. The rest of the washing steps are the same.
- Are the golf shoes are wet or mesh?
– If the shoes are wet, follow the steps on how to clean wet golf shoes. If they are mesh kind of shoes, follow the steps on how to clean mesh golf shoes.
Some Notable Points
- Try not to use dishwashing or laundry detergent.
- Try to avoid machine wash.
- Apply matching shoe polish or cream.
- Please clean your golf shoes after every round of golf.
- Do not allow for dried up directly under sun or heat temperature.
- Do not store your golf shoes in the trank or too hot place.
- Replace your spike often when it is needed for better performance.
- When purchase golf shoes, collect at least two pairs.
We see golf shoes maintenance is so simple. I have just revealed all the things about how to clean your golf shoes and some key points to be aware of. Moreover, cleaning leather and synthetic are the same but little difference in mesh shoes. The maintenance just needs your little bit of attention and time. Take care of your golf shoes maintaining a routine. Otherwise, get ready to regret it within a short period of time. And, there is a time, when you must have to buy new golf shoes. But till the ending time of your golf shoes take good care to extend their longevity at most. Happy Golfing!