The great skill of any golfer leads him/her to better golf. The appropriate posture, proper address to the ball, etc are fundamentals. But without a sound swing, a good shot cannot be hit. The newcomers are typically facing the problem about their swing. I will try to resolve the questions on how to improve your golf swing in my discussion. The old golfers also keep improving their bad swing. Because they have already aware of the importance of a proper swing. So, this article will have something for them too. Let’s start our discussion.
What is Swing in Golf?
In golf play, Golf swing means how a player hits a ball. Don’t get it? It’s the action when taking a shot and the position of the body after playing a shot. The golf swing is the stroke mechanics in golf. Any type of swing whether it’s downswing, backswing, or upswing goes wrong, it’ll definitely occur a mishit. Are you struggling with your swing? Then it’s maybe a little gap in your basic techniques! May be not going through a proper action that suits you.
Things should do before getting a sound Golf Swing:
It seems difficult for a novice how to swing a golf club easily. And, how to improve Golf swing? There is a lot of stuff available on those topics. At first, a beginner should aware of golf swing basic. These things are the fundamentals of how to improve your golf swing for beginners. Don’t get frustrated. The good things always come after patience. The golf swing basic is like a dancing move.
- Use of Strength: It is a normal thing in everyone’s mind is more power uses behind the ball, the more it will travel. But, that’s not true. More power will not allow you to hit a stunning shot. It depends upon your technique, posture, swing, and some more things. So set up a cool mind first.
- Aiming: Try to visualize your shot in mind. Go to the golf ball peacefully. Ensure the proper alignment to the ball. Take the ball between your two feet.
- Right Posture: Make your posture right to the target. Everyone has their own style. Posture means to look up the surroundings, observe the wind direction, the sunlight, and the distance between the ball and the target. Then take an accurate stance behind the ball with your club.
- Get your Grip: Now get the grip you comfortable with. Don’t bother which grip you are on. But the stance should be proper. The hold on a club should be perfect.
- Eye position: Keep your eyes over the ball. When you hit and just after the hit. Cause, you’ve already pre-determined your shot to the target. It will help with your follow-through process.
How to Swing:
The above part is pre-swing preparation. It’s time to discuss how to improve your swingproperly. The simple things always beat the complex. So try to make all your moves simple but effective.
- Check your stance again. The ball should be placed between you and the target. Align your feet parallel to the golf ball. Widen your both feet in such a way that the ball must be between them. Now place the clubface behind the ball correctly according to the shot.
- The golf grip is the main thing that directly affects your swing. The straight shot depends on your hold. So you must know how to hold a golf club properly. When you master holding the golf grip, the straighter shot will be easier.
- Always try to control the club with left-handed, if you are a right-handed golfer. It will control your direction of the backswing.
- The body weight should be on right feet heels (for the right-handed golfer and for lefties, it’s vice-versa). This will allow a player towards a good downswing.
- For a lower shot, keep your hands low. It will help you to reduce your height. All that I try to say, set up an Athletic position.
- For a right-handed golfer, his/her left-hand placement on the golf club should be parallel to the spine in the backswing. It is called staying on a plane. It will impactful to your backswing and your downswing.
- You can compare your stance to a K-angle shape. The K-shape angle should be formed in the back foot. And, it is determined by the bending style in your knee. The meet point of the angle can be watched in your hip sockets.
The above illustration is the simple standard form of your standing. Going towards a shot, the swing begins.
- The first part of the swing is named Takeaway. Try to use your strong muscles. That means, your shoulders and arms, not the wrist. And, always put pressure by your fingers (not palms) on your golf club. In this phase, we see differences in pro golfers swinging. So, it may be useful to less worry about the clubface swing direction. But make the best relation between your hands and the clubface. It is the main aspect of this phase.
- You should keep your clubhead outside of your hands. This is the most common thing seen in every good golfer.
- Allow your body to rotate. Don’t try to swing along your hips. Here, many players have done a really bad job. You should rotate your hips without the right hips moving (for left-handed, the opposite is applicable for lefties).
- You can also hear a term said Transition. It is nothing complex but the action from takeaway to the top of your swing. It is the nucleus of your backswing. As simple as that.
- This is the last phase, many called it Full Finish. That means, finish your full swing after taking a shot. You should put your weight on the front foot when finishing the full swing. Make the chest to face the target.
Practice at Open-air or Home:
Developing your consistent smart swing, there is no comparison to keep practicing. It can be done on a golf ground or at home. I have some tips onhow to improve your golf swing at home.
- Place a big size mirror (it can be done in front of a dressing table) parallel to your stand.
- Imagine dirt where the ball should be.
- Set up your posture, the standard grip, and everything.
- Visualize your target and choose the shot you want to play.
- Now follow thegolf swing instruction that has been given in the above passages.
- And, don’t forget to check your action and swing in the mirror. You can also make a video by your phone of your shots.
Then judge your stance, action, and swing by yourself. You know better than anyone where is your problems are created. Keep practicing.
All actions on how to improve your golf swingtalked in a very simple way. Without a proper swing, there is always a chance to mis-hit. Professional players have their individual style of swinging. That means, everybody’s golf swing is unique. In this pandemic, to keep on practicing, home is the only safe option. The best players like Tiger Woods, Dustin Johnson, and Rory McIlroy are comfortable in practicing at home. Then, what’s the fact interrupt your practicing? This is the best time to focus on your mistake of the golf swing.
- How to Hold a Golf Club for Beginners
- How to Measure Putter Length
- How to Hold a Golf Club Left Handed
- How to Address a Golf Ball with an Iron
- How to Hold a Golf Club Right Handed
Leave a Reply