Who does not want to hit a long shot with a great clubhead speed? Yes, every time it is not mandatory to hit a long shot. But when it is needed, then it must be done. For a high shot, it is essential to increase clubhead speed in golf. If you don’t, then you have to fall behind.
The professional golfers of PGA’s average golf swing speed are between 110 to 115 mph. Some of the best pro golfers are having a speed of 140 mph to 150mph. The LPGA players are having golf swing between 90 and 100 mph. Generally, the novice male golfers are coming with the golf swing between 85 and 95 mph. Everyone (the pros and the amateurs) wants to increase their clubhead speed. Some are badly needed to increase clubhead speed 10 mph to 15 mph. Because they are very frustrated about their clubhead speed.
So, how to increase clubhead speed? It is depending on some factors. Basically, the sound swing and some basic exercises or drills are necessary to increase clubhead speed. This writing will resolve your worries about it. It will be quite helpful to increase clubhead speed for seniors also. Let’s start our journey on how to increase clubhead speed to the very standard level.
Some Basic Exercises Name:
Strength, speed, power, and mobility are the main things to increase your clubhead speed. You must have to aware of choosing your drills for improving your muscle strength, swing quality, and everything related to it. Just give you some key pre-needed exercises name to improve your clubhead speed briefly.
1. Improving Strength: The strength that needs to improve or improvise for golf play is not usual as bodybuilding. Here, I am talking about weight training for improving the abdominal, forearms, and hips muscles. Don’t try to think about building biceps techniques. You may go to the gym. You may go to an instructor who knows very well about this kind of muscle training useful in golf. This specific field of your body fitness allows you to increase your clubhead speed. And, help you to play a distance hit.
2. Flexibility Training: It is not useful just for gaining strength. Golf is a different play than the others. Flexibility is the key factor for your right swing. It can be done in many ways. The flexibility level of yours will define your swing speed as well as clubhead speed.
3. Overspeed Training: It is all about how to speed up and train your individual speed. Some said it can be done with a heavy club, some said to try with a light club. But it is best to try with the golf club which you are comfortable with. It might be light or heavy in weight. This training or exercise will stimulate your golf swing
4. Golf Swing Improvement: Strength, gaining power, speed up, flexibility improving all are done for this matter to perfect your golf swing. When your swing is perfect, then your clubhead speed will automatically speed up. The swing of golf is done by rotation and lateral approach. I had already been talking about how to improve your golf swing in my previous article.
Don’t worry, I will discuss how to increase clubhead speed. These are just like warming up before entering into play!
How to Increase Clubhead Speed?
- At first, take a perfect posture. Set up your stance perfectly according to a 7-iron, a driver, and whatever the club is. Right posture and stance are important to any type of shot.
- Fix your grip. That means, hold your club properly for the long shot. It may be interlocking, overlapping, or a baseball grip. It should be a neutral grip.
- Address the golf ball properly that the clubhead should hit at the center of the ball every time,
- In your golf swing, rotation of your body moderately. Many golfers actually lose their clubhead speed here. So, increase your golf swing is really makes a huge difference in your clubhead speed.
- When you hit the ball lose your wrist. Make your mind train.
- Don’t get stuck when you are in the swing process. Keep working on it.
As you realize that, increasing clubhead speed depends on the swing. So I give you some tips on increase clubhead speed in the golf swing.
Many time clubhead speed lose. Because you are lazy about turning your belt buckle or hips back far enough. You have to turn your hips back far enough. The more you rotate your body through your hips far enough more you can able to generate more power and speed. That will improve your backswing and helps towards a moderate downswing.
The extension of the body in a proper way is the second thing to do for enhancing backswing speed. Basically, it is about spine extension. It is not complex. When you are going to hit just push off of the ground and jump as per need. This body movement will create a motion called ground for speed. It is a body movement when you rotate your body to hit the golf ball. It allows creating more speed from pushing force into the ground.
Keep the same weight onto both feet, especially toes. Don’t put pressure overly forward, not overly on the right side. Try to achieve a natural move. When you push the ground, the right foot will take the pressure at the right of the swing. After that, the pressure should naturally be shifted to your left foot. Then you can able to push up and off according to your swing.
You should avoid bad habits of your swinging nature. You must have to feel the pelvis motion. Then you are able to realize the pressure into the ground. This type of pelvis rotation will help to no stuck of your club grip.
Increase Clubhead Speed 10 to 15 Miles Per Hour
I have already told you the basic drill. Okay, don’t get it?
- Assume you have a golf ball in front of you. And, you have a golf club in your hand.
- Then keep practicing the movement of pelvis rotation, pressure maintaining, push up and off (as told just at the last few paras of the above) at the home, ground, or anywhere.
- Find your own ‘whoosh’, when you are hitting the ball. The noise of your whoosh will tell you your progress. You will understand the clubhead speed increasing. First, improve your whoosh! It may take 3 to 6 months (even longer, up to your practice) to increase your clubhead speed up to 10 to 15 miles per hour.
- You may keep on practicing your rotation by throwing med-ball.
- Sometimes you may take your golf club and imagine you are going to hit a golf ball.
- Never forget to maintain accurate posture whether it is an assumption or not.
Everyone wants to improve their clubhead speed. Actually, who doesn’t! But without practice, only the process, tips, or drills can not give perfection. This article on how to increase clubhead speed will be effective when you apply these techniques over practicing. You’ll understand the push-off or up, or the ‘whoosh’, then the timing. I avoid the physics terms here, just for you. I make it very simple and clear. Stay tuned guys!
- How to Hit a Golf Ball Straight
- How to Clean Golf Grips
- How to Clean Golf Gloves
- How Much Does a Golf Cart Weigh
- How to Clean Golf Balls